These core qualities have been adopted as our educational ambition for our students and our picture of success.
Galloway students are courageous learners who are inquisitive, embrace challenge, and take responsible risks.
- Inquisitive: intellectually curious, eager for knowledge, and are critical and fearless thinkers
- Embrace challenge: view obstacles as an opportunity to grow, can manage failure, are inspired by others’ success, open to feedback and encourage cooperation
- Responsible risk: dare to explore intelligently
Galloway students are individuals who are creative, confident, passionate, and distinctive in their own character.
- Creative: perceive the world in new ways, find hidden patterns, make connections, and generate ideas and tangible outcomes
- Confident: proud of selves as individuals
- Passionate: intrinsically motivated and eager to discover their own unique strengths and interests
- Distinctive: embrace their own dynamic character
Galloway students are life-long learners who are dedicated, conscientious, and persistent in their path to mastery of challenging and relevant studies to prepare them for college and life.
- Dedicated: genuinely view effort as essential and believe in pursuing excellence and doing their best
- Conscientious: take initiative with self-discipline and a strong work ethic
- Persistent: have endurance and dedication, persevere despite obstacles
Galloway students are engaged citizens who are respectful of their relationship with others, are collaborative and are engaged in and responsible to their community.
- Respectful: value and strive to understand the perspectives of others
- Collaborative: develop genuine relationships, strongly value teamwork
- Responsible: understand that freedom and responsibility go hand-in-hand, neither will exist without the other, and responsibility requires action to improve the local and global community
Galloway students are balanced in mind, body, and spirit.
- Question thoughtfully, reason soundly, and express ideas clearly
- Capable of growing intellectually
- Engage in physical activity and artistic expression
- Grateful, compassionate, ethical, and empathetic
- Engage with and support The Galloway School
- Possess strong emotional intelligence
- Work effectively in teams toward a common goal